Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Guess What...

A while back my friend Desta(nation), who writes one of my most favorite blogs, announced without any hints beforehand that she was buying a house. How secretive of her! I am now doing the same thing.

Yep, we have bought a house.

At first we were a little hesitant because we're planning a big trip to Washington this summer but with some planning and our eternal solution to money problems (beans and rice lol) I think that we're going to be fine. We aren't actually living in it yet but the closing date is currently set for April 30th (we're hoping to move it up because that is the same day that we are supposed to be out of here). Alex was there all day with the inspectors (structure and termite) and we're still going through with it. The only problems were that we need a new dishwasher (not me) and the faucet in the kitchen leaks when you turn it on - not bad for a house built in 1950 (yep). We were budgeting to buy a new refrigerator (most of the houses we looked at didn't have one) so these costs don't really effect us because the refrigerator (while being old) works fine so we don't need to get a new one.

Some other features are 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 2 car garage, 1,696 Sq. Ft. (but actual living area is 1,033 Sq. Ft. - we have no idea how they got the bigger number) a couple houses down from the elementary school that we wanted our kids to go to, and right down the street from the hospital and the park I went into labor at. There is lots more to tell you but I thought this would be enough to go with the initial shock.

Unfortunately, at this time I'm still a little overwhelmed/stressed so please refer all criticisms (positive or other wise) to my husband who is better equipped to deal with them than my-internalizing-self. lol.

Update: Alex has convinced me that we won't be pillaged if I put these pictures on my blog so here is the inside of the house from every angle you can think of. (I'll leave them up for one week)

13 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh, What a cute little house!! Let me be the first on here at least to congratulate you on the big step. Hopefully everything will go well with closing and moving. I am just a little bit jealous!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! let the lifetime of memories begin!

Keary said...

What a great thing to happen to you and your family! I'll bet the kids will love running around the back yard as it looks to be very large.

Talk to Rod and Linda and they will help ypu furnish it. They will be very proud of the two of you.

Love Dad

Mark and Teandra said...

SNEAKY SNEAKY TEEKY!! :o) How wonderful! *MUAH!* I am very excited for you.

Kiki said...

furnisher? We'll almost have to get rid of furniture just to fit in lol:) but we can't wait for them to come and visit.

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. I am trying to save money to come visit you, but at this rate, it will be next year. Oh, well. It looks wonderful. I hope that you'll put up pics of the inside soon.

Ciria said...

CONGRATS! I love it! It looks perfect. You will have so much fun in your own home. Along with cathy let the memories begin.

Desta said...

Wahoo! An actual house. With property and a garage and everything. Such great news. Great surprise.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That is so Neat. I hope all the moving goes well! Again Congrats that is do exciting!

The A Team said...

awesome!!! i'm so happy for you guys. let me know when we can come up and see your new digs.

The A Team said...

i checked out the pictures after commenting already but i wanted to tell you that it's so cute! i love it. i'm jealous, we're still renting.

Kimberly said...

Congrats!! We sold our townhouse here in West Jordan in one week exactly, so that was awesome. We have yet to find a house that we both like that doesn't get taken away from us by someone else :(. It's getting frustrating so I hope we find one soon!

the_sanchez_fam said...

The house looks great!! Congrats!!
It will be great to really have your own space with no neighbors above or below you. By the way we still want to get together..CALL ME!! Also is the house in Sherman?