Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sleep Events


This is alex. He is an amazing sleeper... just not in the way you would think. He avoids bedtime, begs you to stay in with him and read more, and frequently wakes up in the middle of the night for a kiss and a glass of water; BUT yesterday when he was sleeping he built this...

Have you ever seen such an amazing tower? He's only two and he did this in his sleep.

And the other night he also did something else amazing in his sleep (up to this point I've been up too upset to write about it but now sufficient time has passed so I can see the humor in it, write about and hopefully embarrass him in the future). Both of the kids were in the bedroom sleeping (Rocio was asleep and alex was supposed to be). Rocio started crying, which is common, so I went in to get her out of bed and rock her in the living room. When I opened the door there was a foul smell; I looked in the crib and saw something all over Chio. I flipped on the lights and found that Chio had a poopy diaper on her and that she had rubbed the poop all over her face focusing on the eyes, truth be told alex's poopy diaper. I was beside myself, while rushing to the bathroom with the baby I asked (sadly, not using my nice voice) alex why he had thrown his poopy diaper in the crib. I didn't get a response so I took the baby and the wipes I was using back into his room and asked again

"alex why did you throw your diaper on Chio?"

snore, snore

"alex I know that you are not asleep, come over here and talk to me."

reluctantly he gets out of bed and follows me to the tub to run a bath.

"alex why did you throw your diaper on Chio?"

"no, baby diaper."

"This is the babies poopy diaper?"

nods his head yes.

"alex I know that this is your diaper. I put it on you and now you don't have one on. This is your poop and not the baby's. Why did you throw your diaper on her? ...

The conversation continued but with lots of gestures, indistinguishable remarks I won't even attempt to spell, and an occasional word thrown in here and there so it's difficult to capture. The gist of it was that he was sorry and he wouldn't do it again. True to his word he hasn't, not even accidents during nap time; now we just have to master night time and potty training is done...until Rocio.

So, I'm hoping that alex will start sleeping at night instead of building things and tossing "stuff", but who knows, at least my life's not boring!

3 comments:

homealonemom said...

I thought your blog was on everything BUT poop.

Alex wasn't helpful in keeping it true.

Love MOM

Keary said...

I agree with your mother.
Next time Alex should write this.
Love Dad

Kiki said...

you're right, maybe Alex should stay home with the kids to cure him of his poop obsession.