Today a lifetime of not swearing has just paid off. This morning I got up before my kids (an unheard of occurrence) and I decided I would take the opportunity to mop my floor. After I finished alex woke up first and I made him french toast for breakfast. Next Chio woke up and I went in and played with her and then she decided she wanted to nurse (another unusual thing- most of the time she waits a couple of hours until I'm leaking all over and begging her to eat). I walked by the table where alex was still eating and doing fine (he loves breakfast and spends a ton of time eating) and I sat down at the computer to nurse and read blogs. I could see alex out of the corner of my eye so I would know if he fell and cracked his head or anything so I just enjoyed my time nursing, reading and thinking how great my morning was going. When Chio finished nursing I discovered that I had left the syrup on the table instead of returning it to the pantry where it belongs. I made this discovery by watching a river of syrup slowly meandering over my newly moped floor. To his credit (I guess) alex didn't pour the syrup directly onto the floor: he first smothered his toast, which soon engulfed his plate, poured on to the table, cascaded down the table cloth and into the river of syrup. After the initial shock I said "Oh, Man". alex has now probably said it over 1,000 times today; the first 50 while he was helping me clean up the mess. Chio kisses him- "Oh, man"; he can't get his underwear on- "Oh, man"; his tower falls over- "Oh, man"; he has to go to time out; take a nap; take turns; clean up his cars; put his dishes away; can't watch TV; everything we did today was followed by "Oh, man" and often it was said several times in the middle. Who knew today was the day he was going to pick it up, I'm just glad it wasn't "Oh, something else"!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Swearing & Syrup
Today a lifetime of not swearing has just paid off. This morning I got up before my kids (an unheard of occurrence) and I decided I would take the opportunity to mop my floor. After I finished alex woke up first and I made him french toast for breakfast. Next Chio woke up and I went in and played with her and then she decided she wanted to nurse (another unusual thing- most of the time she waits a couple of hours until I'm leaking all over and begging her to eat). I walked by the table where alex was still eating and doing fine (he loves breakfast and spends a ton of time eating) and I sat down at the computer to nurse and read blogs. I could see alex out of the corner of my eye so I would know if he fell and cracked his head or anything so I just enjoyed my time nursing, reading and thinking how great my morning was going. When Chio finished nursing I discovered that I had left the syrup on the table instead of returning it to the pantry where it belongs. I made this discovery by watching a river of syrup slowly meandering over my newly moped floor. To his credit (I guess) alex didn't pour the syrup directly onto the floor: he first smothered his toast, which soon engulfed his plate, poured on to the table, cascaded down the table cloth and into the river of syrup. After the initial shock I said "Oh, Man". alex has now probably said it over 1,000 times today; the first 50 while he was helping me clean up the mess. Chio kisses him- "Oh, man"; he can't get his underwear on- "Oh, man"; his tower falls over- "Oh, man"; he has to go to time out; take a nap; take turns; clean up his cars; put his dishes away; can't watch TV; everything we did today was followed by "Oh, man" and often it was said several times in the middle. Who knew today was the day he was going to pick it up, I'm just glad it wasn't "Oh, something else"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's amazing what an example parents are for their children. I certainly wish I had realized it earlier in life.
Love Dad
I'm so Sorry you had a river of syrup, it never wants to come up.
At least there aren't sugar ants around this time of year. They can smell it a mile away.
alex doesn't have to tell his other parent that you were swearing either!
They always know when it's a "heartfelt" word. Don't they?
I love you
MOM
teek face. you are great. end of story. *MAUH!* (and a few for chio and alex *muah!* *muah!* )
Post a Comment