Sunday, May 25, 2008

Camping

Well, I hope that you all have had (or are having I guess) a great weekend. We had a great time camping. You can go here to see pictures but I'll warn you that there are a lot, that's why I didn't put them all on here.

Today at church I was sitting by a lady who saw Chio's arms (three bug bites) and said (really condescendingly) I should be careful where I "sits my baby". When I explained we had just returned from camping she disapproved of us taking such a small baby camping - and so did the two men who were apparently listening to our conversation. My reasoning that children love camping at this age didn't go over well along with everything else I said - I think I should have taken a debate class sometime in my life because when I try to have conversations I either agree with everything said (even if I don't agree) or make people mad with my opinions.


The swing view.

Alex and Kiley holding hands and Jayden and Chio hanging out.

See, she did like it!

Anyway, I think this was my most favorite trip ever. We stayed from Thursday to Saturday and I think it would have been even better if Kiley (the little girl of the family we went with) didn't get sick and if I had remembered more of our stuff - including our bedding. We are definitely getting old because we were so sore when we got home we didn't want to do anything; however, we all made it sleeping on a sleeping bag on the ground for two nights and I don't think I'll ever forget the bedding again so that's good.

Here's all of us.

9 comments:

homealonemom said...

It looks like you had lots of fun! I'm sooooo glad.

That last photo of Chio looks like she's wondering why her friend is so far away.

They looked like they had a great time.

We love you. Have a great rest of your holiday!

MOM

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun vacation! your kids look so happy...and isn't that what matters most?? have a great memorial day. hugs.

Ciria said...

So much fun!

Keary said...

As a person gets older he/she feels less and less inhibitions at saying what they feel or what is thought. And sometimes it just comes with the locality or the way a person was raised. Regardless if you take a debate class or not you can seldom win an argument with such a person. I think the best advice is "Silence is golden"

Desta said...

I totally support the "baby camping" thing. We took Zoe a year ago when she was less than a year. If someone ever questioned my judgment I probably would have told them where to shove it, so mad props to you for keeping your cool. I also believe Zoe was the only baby crawling on the ground at Disneyland last year. Sorry, folks, I just don't have the kind of kids that stay in strollers for hours on end! Glad you had fun.

Unknown said...

Looks to me like Alex the younger has a girlfriend already.

I think you did just right with the people at church. It is very hard to talk to idiots, you did great.

Where did you go camping? It looked like you were really roughing it with the fan and everything.

Are Alex and Chio ready to go again?

Kiki said...

We went to Bonham State Park- you can't beat the fan camping here in Texas. lol. We're not real campers. However, we didn't discover that they had electricity until after we went camping there in August when I was 8 months pregnant-that stunk!

The A Team said...

who cares what people think...you know better than anyone what's right for your children. i took ryan to the beach for 2 weeks when he was 3 months old and had a blast.

ami

p.s. she's getting so big and those eyes just melt my heart.

Diana said...

Looks like fun...nice to see Nick and his family.