Monday, February 06, 2006

Digital Cameras

How could people afford to take pictures of kids before digital cameras? As many pictures as we take of the baby, and took of us before he was born, I can't believe the percentage that we delete. So as I was thinking about this and it made we wonder have digital cameras made people worse photographers because we don't have to worry about taking another if it doesn't turn out, or did people just used to put up with bad pictures? Or have we become better photographers because we get so much practice?

We use our camera like a toy, the most expensive toy that we have. "I wonder what it would look like if we did ________ with the camera" comes up a lot. And we love to go on trips to beautiful places just to try to get a perfect picture of a sunset or mountain. I have to go change a diaper, but don't worry I haven't fallen to taken pictures of that yet, although I do have to delete them every once in a while.

2 comments:

Keary said...

I wouldn't know I never see any cameras and when i was younger I couldn't afford a camera.
Oh, the same is true today!

Keary said...

Oh well, so I lied. I know that we bought so much film that I never saw as most was not developed before we moved and left it in the refrigerator - undeveloped.