Thursday, February 09, 2006

My husband and my baby are teaming up against me

You really can't understand unless you see it, but alex loves Alex. When Alex comes home from work the baby starts to laugh and wave his arms and legs around wildly; and if Alex walks by too many times without saying hi the baby will start to yell until he comes and talks to him or picks him up. It doesn't even matter if I am holding him, he wants his daddy to say hi. They snuggle when they are watching TV, play chess, look around on the internet, and play football (now only on the X-Box since I won't let them play with the real football anymore since the baby got pegged in the head). Now the reason that I say that they are teaming up against me is because while most of the stuff that they do together is great and fun (and most importantly mommy approved) when they venture out to new fields such as... flicking feet to see how hard you can flick before it is too hard... or... pushing the baby over when he is trying to sit or stand up to see how many times the baby will let you do it before he gets mad, I put my foot down. Now Alex takes the view that the baby likes it; and with the baby laughing and smiling he is hardly acting as my advocate so I say that they are teaming up against me.

The baby loves Alex so much that I have to assume that all of the experiments can't be that bad for him. I therefore have to assume that this is why it is so good for babies to have mommies and daddies despite our mistakes and differences because we both give the baby something important that the other can't give and that is why he loves us.

2 comments:

alex said...

I would like everyone know that my son loves his mommy to.

Keary said...

As you get older and have more children you will see that each of them have their times when momy is all that I want and other times when dadies are best. Don't feel that you are alone in your feelings.
Love Keary