Monday, March 06, 2006
Our Daddy Saved Us
We drove out to Payson last night because Kelseys baby was getting blessed and we went over for dinner. On the way home we got a flat tire on a very long bridge and we didn't think that we would make it over the overpass without ruining our wheel so we drove to a part of the bridge that was bigger than the rest and stopped. As Alex started to get the stuff out to change the tire I asked him if he wanted me to do it; he said in an indignant voice no and asked why I would think that he would want me to do. I told him that I didn't think that he could change a tire and he was shocked. You see one time Alex told me that he was no good at changing tires and although I was shocked at this I didn't push the issue because this was coming from a man who when I told him that I was going to buy a screwdriver, a hammer and some pliers he told me that we didn't need them because he would never use them. Happily Alex has used our meager tool supply many times and changed our tire to get us home safely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
just to let everyone know, this morning the spare was flat and I had to inflate the tire with our bike pump. I was 30 minutes late.
Sounds as if Alex is partially capable. I think I tried to teach both my boys how to do mechanical things, but only Andrew paid much attention. Alex was never much interested.
BTW: Andrew came over Saturday and we watched his children Saturday night and Sunday till 5:30 PM. A real treat for us.
Has Alex ever told you about the time he ran out of gas in Andrew's old beast? funniest story ever. Thank goodness you were at least prepared.
Post a Comment