
We are so rich that we can just throw our money away. That's right, if you were to go through our trash you would find bills varying from 1-20 dollars crumpled up and discarded. How is this possible, you may be asking yourself, when we barely make more than we made in Utah but we have another baby that we are paying for? Well because our sweet son is now "pitching in" (ha ha) and helping in the finance department...and the cleaning department. You see we keep bills in the house because sometimes Alex needs them at work for food. We take out $40 or so and just keep it in the desk drawer and let it last as long as it will; lately we haven't been able to account for all of the money but I assumed that I was washing it in Alex's pants and resolved to check them better. That was until I told alex to clean up the mess he had made. He plays in the top desk drawer while we type on the computer (he likes to organize everything and pretend he is like daddy putting pens behind his ear). After playing I have him put everything away and one day while I was feeding Chio I watched him. He would crumple up the individual bills and stick them in their own pile, wanting to see where this was going I said nothing, he then took the whole pile and took it to the trash. I sat him down and talked about where we put money but I left a dollar on the table to see what he would do with it and later he crumpled it up (he is really good at exaggerated crumpling) and threw it away. After that talk he now sees money and says "no, no, no" and shakes his finger at it but we have found a new place to keep money just in case.
And of course the real reason that we are rich is because we have such wonderful kids. Here are some pictures from this morning when Chio was in a good mood and rather than risk spoiling her mood by putting her in her blessing dress I took the opportunity to catch some smiles-enjoy!
And of course the real reason that we are rich is because we have such wonderful kids. Here are some pictures from this morning when Chio was in a good mood and rather than risk spoiling her mood by putting her in her blessing dress I took the opportunity to catch some smiles-enjoy!





8 comments:
That is so funny and sad all at the same time? I wonder how much money was thrown away? Now we know why homeless people go through our trash!!
No, No, No!
I wonder if he'll have money issues in the future?
It's great, I love you!
What cute kids! Now you know where to look anytime something comes up missing!
What a funny story! He's a clever boy for sure...although soon he'll learn to crumple the money and put it in his pocket, instead of the trash. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the music on my blog and that Alex had a good time dancing and waking up the baby :)
i need to say no, no, no to myself. i throw money away too... just differently. my trash is Michaels, Target, Justice, Michaels, Myford PTO, etc. etc.
atleast he is not swallowing coins! What a funny story!
I thought you were referring to "pampers", then I read further...Oops!....like Calixta said...kinda of funny and sad. Chio is soooo cute...what great smiles!!! Say Cheese!!!!
You have the best kids in the world!
Lobe Dad
Post a Comment