Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hungry Hungry Hijo

Because I know that you all care about alex's eating habits here is a list of the food that he ate last Friday and Saturday.

Friday
  1. a skittle (he went to the bathroom when he woke up)
  2. a raisin
  3. cup of milk
  4. half an animal cracker
  5. a bite of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (sucked on and then spit out)
  6. three flakes of potatoes dipped in gravy
  7. a green bean
  8. cup of milk
Saturday
  1. three bowls of cheerios
  2. an orange
  3. a banana
  4. bowl of noodles with cheese
  5. a cup of milk
  6. box of raisins
  7. about a dozen animal crackers
  8. a plate full of chicken nuggets
  9. a bowl of broccoli
  10. another orange
  11. fruit snacks
  12. another bowl of cheerios
  13. a can of green beans
  14. a bowl of macaroni and cheese
  15. fruit snacks
  16. two more bowls of mac and cheese
  17. a can of pears
  18. a glass of milk
  19. he also drank a lot of water and milk and had more skittles throughout the day for potty breaks
How can this even be the same kid? It always scares me when he doesn't eat and even though I try not to make a big deal out of it I always get a pit in my stomach with every plate I clear for him (even though the doctor says I shouldn't). So on days like Saturday I'm overjoyed the whole day. Sunday he ate a lot again, Monday a little less, and today he is back to his non-eating self but I'm still at peace from the weekend.

And here is a picture of the decorations that alex selected for his shelf after he removed the ones that I had put up.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

On Saturday it seems he ate enough for 2 days atleast! The dr. is right but I totally understand how you feel!

Ciria said...

I'm taking ideas from your post on what to try to feed my girls. They don't eat much either.

Anonymous said...

the blackburns...we eat....obviously! my kids have their moments...especially Breck, he doesn't like to eat as much as he like to drink...milk & juice of course.

Anonymous said...

ps. a cute song from Kindergarten...
Hungry, Hungry, Hungry
I am Hungry
Table, Table Here I Come
I could eat a goose-moose burger
15 pickles and a purple plum.

Keary said...

The american indians used to eat until their bellies were extended to save for the winter months when there was so little.
While reading Fridays intake I thought he was suffering a very lean time.
I must be very partial but I think you have the cutest kids in TX or in the US.
Little boys always seem to have their funny quirks, I wouldn't worry untl he get a little older.

Diana said...

alex sure eats a variety of food when he eats...Kids know when they need nutrition...I agree with the Dr...he will surprise you when he is a teen and eat you out of house and home!!!:)