Sunday, November 18, 2007

What I'm Thankful for...

Tonight among my other blessings, I'm especially thankful for my friends.

When you are at church and see someone alone with their children HELP THEM! Your help will more often then not be appreciated. They may have been at home earlier in the day, holding two children screaming at the top of their lungs, wondering if it would even be worth it to go to church. They may have been coaxing an exhausted 2 year old to put his clothes on and reconsidered their decision. They may have had to change their clothing three times to ensure that they didn't smell like urine or puke, because babies get bubbles and little boys have a hard time aiming even on the Sabbath, and wondered if they even looked good enough to go to church. And they may have been sooo sleep deprived that they wondered if even if their kids did behave (which was unlikely) if they would be able to comprehend what was being said. Am I complaining? YES! I've had a hard day; but that made the help that I got that much sweeter! So thank you to Angela who sat with me in Sacrament meeting and Jennifer who had a worse day than me and still offered to watch alex while I went to a fireside. You are amazing friends and I truly don't know what I would without you

4 comments:

Keary said...

I'm sorry Alex can't always help as many fathers do. Friends are a life saver so many times.
Love Dad

Ciria said...

What wonderful friends. I hope your week gets better.

Kristy said...

I wish I lived closer because I would help you. I totally know how hard Sundays can be without your husband there. I always hoped I was just getting credit for being at church. Now my kids are older thank goodness! It is nice to have great friends.

Diana said...

You have been blessed with good friends...I too hope your week gets better.