I'm really excited for Christmas this year. I thought that I would be really sad being away from family, but it's not that bad since we just saw a lot of you last week. alex is really excited to open his presents and not too persistent at trying because he isn't feeling well. I have no idea what I'm getting and I haven't told Alex most of what he is getting either (this is really different because I usually tell or find out a couple of days after the presents are bought-it's like reading the end of a book which I always do). The kids have decided to fully embrace the Christmas spirit and have adorned themselves with Christmas colors; red (pink eye) and green (boogers). We still have a lot of things that we would like to do for Christmas but we are going to take it slow and only get done the things that are practical with everyone being sick- going out to look at lights (alex loves the Christmas lights), have the Christmas story (usually on Christmas Eve but Alex isn't here), make Christmas cookies and watch It's a Wonderful Life and other Christmasy movies.
But most of all I'm excited that our little family is going to be together! I love spending time with them , they are so fun. I'm so glad that you don't have to work on Christmas, Alex, thank you for going out this morning and getting juice for us- I'm sorry that I ever doubted you would go! After driving us home for two days straight Alex still went to the store before work to get us juice and medicine...what an amazing guy. I love you sooo much and miss you a ton have a nice Christmas Eve.
Here are some pictures from our trip that look like Christmas to me:

Dancing and dressing up.

Good food.

4 generations of family together.

Warm clothes.


These are pretty dark but if you look closely you can see Kari and alex sitting in front of the Christmas tree looking at the train and the presents-
seeing Christmas through the eyes of your kids is the coolest thing ever...
Merry Christmas Everyone!
5 comments:
I woke up Sunday with Pink eye too. SO Sorry about that! We are so thankful that you all were able to visit and stay with us. Your kids are wonderful! You are welcome anytime - hopefully next time we won't spread illnesses around.
Pink eye seems to be getting everybody...luckily (I am knocking on wood) I managed to escape it.
I hope ya'll feel better!
merry christmas. feel better soon. it was so sweet to see chio today on skype! hopefully alex will feel better soon so we can say hi to him too. love you guys
I love your posts even when I am a week + late. Merry Christmas and happy holidays.
Love Dad
Post a Comment