Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Parade

This is probably going to be my last post before Christmas. We are going out of town tomorrow (for Teandra's Wedding in Utah YEAH!! ) and I wanted to get this up before Christmas. We went to our city's Christmas parade and alex was a big hit. Apparently alex is a really cute kid because he was causing a lot of commotion. He was sitting along the side of the road in his daddy's lap waving at the people on the floats and people kept stopping to say hi to him and make sure that he had candy. Now alex isn't a candy kind of a kid, his soft spot is fruit snacks, but the people that would walk beside the floats and give out candy would stand in a little line with their floats moving on without them to say hi to alex. alex wasn't the only two year old there and by far not the most excited kid (he really only liked the suped up cars and motor cycles) there were tons of people but the float people kept focusing on alex-they were even taking pictures. The most noticeable instance, however, was this lady on the sing language float. There were about 25 ladies sitting on a hayride like float doing synchronized signing to Christmas Music. One lady saw alex and started waving really exaggeratedly, and alex didn't notice her, so then instead of just continuing with her song she got up off the hay and leaned down off the float and started waving even more until Alex finally pointed her out to alex and he waved and she smiled even bigger and got on with her song. The other women on the float didn't wave to anyone and alex was the only one that I saw that lady wave to. The whole thing actually freaked me out and afterward I asked Alex if he had noticed anything weird and he said, "Yeah, I thought that someone was going to come steal my kid." My fear exactly! I didn't even dress him nice in fact I kept thinking that he looked kind of hoboish. The other weird think about the night was we were able to wear T-shirts for the parade; that's weird because the only thing that I can remember about parades when I was growing up was freezing my butt off. Here are some pictures, but I kept forgetting to get the camera out because I was rocking Chio.

Merry Christmas to all if I don't post before then and KEEP BLOGGING! I love reading what you have to say!

9 comments:

Keary said...

He doesn't look like a hobo, he is just an extra ordinarily handsome kid.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,

I think he looks adorable, and I'd take him anytime.

Love

MOM

homealonemom said...

I'm just seeing if it woks

homealonemom said...

Good spelling HUH?

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

He is so cute! I'd steal him. We got your Christmas card today and Michael got so excited to see you guys. He freaked out when I told him you were coming here. See you in a couple of days!!

Ciria said...

Parade for Christmas? what about the snow and 10 degree weather.

Diana said...

Love those winter warm nights in Texas...I miss them. I would steal alex too, he is such a cutie.

Kristy said...

alex is such a cute boy! We are sorry we could not make it out to see you guys. Merry Christmas

Kimberly said...

OOh, where at in UT? You should visit us :P ... Teandra - married? She's only 12, isn't she? Last time I remember she was :). Yay for her! :D