Sunday, May 04, 2008

Meditation for Stop Lights?

So little alex is sick again - or I guess I could you could say he's still not better. I'm posting again today because I think I'm headed to the doctors for alex again tomorrow and that always seems to take up the entire day.

I always forget how tired I get when I'm taking care of sick kids, it's really is draining! After I got them both down for naps I tidied up the house and did the dishes (pretty much the only chores I do on Sunday) then I sat down at the computer to "relax" (which means going through my email and reader). While I do like yoga, I'm not that into mantras and karma and such; that being said I decided I would try the steps in this blog as I was reading it. As suggested in the first step , I was "Pay[ing] particular attention to [my] feet and to the back of [my] neck" and the next thing I knew Chio was waking me from a deep sleep with her crying. Needless to say, I'm not sugesting this for driving! lol. As shocking as it may be to some of you Nields; I have a hard time falling to sleep, napping, staying asleep and sleeping through anything; I can't remember the last time I feel asleep without intending to no mater how tired I was. I wonder how many people are going to be awakened by horns at traffic lights as a result of this blog- or am I the only one it has this affect on? -- I just hope they put on their breaks! Try it and see what happens for you.

3 comments:

homealonemom said...

After reading the yoga stuff, I'm going to have to start looking at peoples earlobes to see how long they are.

I'm glad it relaxed you, it's good to learn how to release stress.

I hope the little boy gets better soon.

I love you

MOM

Keary said...

I'm trying hard to think of how to "Pay particular attention to your feet". Have you got any suggestions? I'm a Nield but I don't think that applies to me but rather the PiƱon side. Personally I am or was more like you describe yourself than you would believe.
I didn't pay much attention to sick kids but I saw what it did to Diana so I can sort of imagine. I truly hope they get well quickly.
Love Dad

Diana said...

Hope the kids get better! As for sleep...Ummm...sleeping in is cos we don't sleep well before the sleeping in! LOL!