Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Getting older....




It is getting harder and harder to take good pictures because now he can escape from the picture taking position and do whatever he wants. The three were taken in sequence and then he got the camera and gave it a kiss.

I have heard that EVENTUALLY you will forget about pregnancy and long for another baby... this is not that time; and although I really don't foresee that happening in the near future (or ever) I certainly do want this one to stay little longer. He hasn't really seemed like he was getting that much bigger, He just seemed like he was staying the same size and getting better at everything. But then last night his FIRST TOOTH came in and when I laid him in his boppy (the pillow that he has slept in since he was a baby but that I haven't really used since we got here) he looked SO huge compared to how little he once was. Right now it is so easy to love and care for and protect him, I don't want him to have to grow up and get hurt. But them again I guess that I do...I don't want for him to miss out on how fun life is either and getting hurt is a big part of that.

Sooo.....I had thought that I was being all adultish and that I was looking more mature and everything (having a baby and not wearing pj's ALL the time) and then I went to the mall the other day and the ladies there thought that I was looking for a prom dress. Maybe I look that young or maybe you can just tell that I have never been to a prom before I really don't know which is worse.

4 comments:

alex said...

alex is going to have to get used to getting hurt because he's going to be a football player. and baseball, hence his outfit

homealonemom said...

YOU are gorgeous, and everyone knows it, that's why they think that you're going dancing.

So, Now you have to convince Alex to take you dancing, let me know and I'll come babysit.

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

You are beautiful!! i think the real reason people have 2nd, 3rd babies etc, is because they miss having a little one, not because they miss being pregnant. Just wait until Alex starts to walk, and the injury thing gets a little easier.

Kristy said...

It is sad when you realize your kids are all growing up. Enjoy them while they are young and enjoy looking young while you can because it is all so fleeting. You look great!