Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year and if all of us weren't sick I think that it would have been our best yet. Somehow alex woke up knowing that today was Christmas and starting dividing all the presents into 4 piles; "daddy", "mommy", "baby", "i-ee"; they didn't have correspond to the names on the gifts but that's not the point.

These three are the pictures of alex opening his ornament-his first present on Christmas morning. This is by far his favorite ornament-a jack in the box tigger. He even sleeps with it.... and believe me it's not soft. It's pretty cute because he turns it slower and slower as he gets more tired until finally the music stops.

Chio got alex a bag of balloons and he loved them. You can also see teether Chio got on her lap in this video and at the very end you hear how alex says "balloon" I'm not even going to try to attempt to spell it; it took us months trying figure out what he was talking about when he would say it I think that this is my favorite video from Christmas morning.



Chio really didn't smile too much all morning but I think that had something to do with alex periodically running over and smothering her with hugs and kisses.



He got two match box cars and for the rest of the morning he kept trying to hold them while he opened the other gifts even if that meant that he had to stuff them down his pants so he wouldn't drop them.

We lost the screw to the bottom of the tee so that is why it keeps falling apart in this video...now it's ducked taped.





Clothes which I loved, he looks great in orange.

This is a picture of him in his Lightning McQueen shirt but he would get far enough back to take it. He puked all over it and was really sad that we had to take it off then he found it inside out and cleaned in the laundry basket and asked for it to be put back on again.

His dinosaurs and obsession with putting everything into lines.



The remote control car scared alex and I need to have a talk with Santa because now he brings us the remote and makes us hold him standing up while we drive it around; today he keeps asking for daddy because I can't make it do spins.

And on the way through New Mexico alex got to open a present because we wouldn't have been able to fit it in the car other wise.

And here is finally getting the present open.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I am so sorry to hear that you guys were sick over Christmas. I love how excited alex is for all his gifts, especially the balloons. Hopefully he will get the hang of the remote control car soon. Chio is such a sweet little baby. Hope you get feeling better soon.

homealonemom said...

I love the baseball video, it's not often that the parents have to work as much as the child in that type of game.

Have great holidays!

I love you

MOM

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting the videos of your christmas! so cute.

Ciria said...

LOVE the video of Chio- she is adorable. I love that alex was able to have so much fun even when he felt so rotten!

Keary said...

I loved the whole post. Went through it several times.
Love Dad