Sunday, December 09, 2007

Ward Christmas Party

Alex and I were asked to play Mary and Joseph for our ward party. All the other times that we have been asked to do this it was for a live Nativity where they pretty much asked everyone thirty and under to be in it-so I said yes. As it turns out that is not how this ward does it. So the fact the we have a new, cute, precious, quite baby was, I'm pretty sure, the reason that we were chosen. Unfortunately one of those characteristics doesn't describe our baby at all. So when I found out that they wanted me to walk around like I was pregnant, go behind the manger have someone who had been holding Chio hand her to me in swaddling clothes, and then we would lay her down on some pillows and straw to have the shepherds and wise men come and see her; I warned them that there was a "possibility" that we would need to use a baby doll instead. I hope that they weren't shocked when Chio was screaming her head off when the time came.

Here is our little man from Bethlehem.

I wish that this was the way that we wore our hair today because I thought that mine looked good when the majority of it was covered up so you couldn't see how frizzy it was. They gave us the costumes that they wanted us to wear and I think that the Mary was supposed to be about a foot shorter than I am. So what I had was 3/4 length sleeves and a foot of my pants showing no one mentioned it though.

And these last picture are the ones that Alex took at the party. They really decorated beautifully and we had a wonderful time. Sorry there were no pictures of Alex and only blurry pictures of the cultural hall (Alex thought these looked cooler), Chio was having a rough night.



7 comments:

Keary said...

It was nicw to see the pics and to hear of yout struggles. I'm glad I wasn't there in your shoes.
Love Dad

homealonemom said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun...

The two of you look so cute, and handsome, respectively.

I love you

MOM

Kristy said...

I think you look good as Mary. Your right your hair does look good. alex is just so cute.

Ciria said...

What a fun experience. Those are some good dress ups.

Anonymous said...

baby alex looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

what a fun party! you make a great Mary. and alex is so handsome!

Diana said...

All has been said...Ya'll are awesome!