Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Paranoia...

This is what I get for being a paranoid mother. My sister is leaving on a mission today so last night I was talking to her on the phone for the last time for a while; because of this I was staying up latter than usual and my boys were already in bed asleep. We had been talking for a little bit when over the monitor I here soft voices and alex kind of whimpers. Both of these are common because we can here the neighbors through the walls (the monitor picks them up particularly well) and alex talks in his sleep all the time; so I wasn't that worried I was just going to check as a precaution. When I get to the baby's door it was closed (I usually leave it open but sometimes I cooler/air conditioner blows it shut) so I turn the handle all the way and push...nothing happens, also not uncommon because we live in an old apartment and they repaint them so often over the years that the doors just perpetually stick. I turn the handle the other way and push a little harder, then I try both ways and throw my hip into it harder each time. By this time my heart rate has doubled and I am thinking about what I can grab to fight with when I get into the room, but I still haven't called Alex to come and help me yet (thankfully) but if my next try doesn't get the door open then I'm planning to. SOOOO, I turn the handle and take a step back and throw my whole body into it with my shoulder leading. The door swings open and slams into the wall and, not surprisingly, makes a huge noise and wakes up the baby... needless to say there was no one in the room besides the baby, no kidnapping taking place, and the window was safely locked but now the baby was scared probably mostly because his mother is a paranoid psycho freak.

The baby slept with us again last night and this time not because his father begged me to let him.

4 comments:

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

It's ok to be paranoid. I happen to be paranoid myself. I am just glad that it continues to be paranoia and not an actual attack! I want you to be safe! Maybe you should buy a gun...

alex said...

I think we should buy a gun too because paranoid women with guns is a great idea

Anonymous said...

I remember many a time I felt that way...don't mess with parnoid mothers...we don't need guns!!!

Keary said...

I'll bet you were scared to death after the second time you couldn't get the door open.

Guns are always a good idea to stay away from. I know Alex was just kidding, but I am not. There is no one who can completely control a gun and the gun freaks are right it isn't guns that kill people, but people. The trouble is that A gun makes it alot easier for a people to kill another people.