Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Girl of the Limberlost

So at the end of last year I had to ban myself from books so that I would be able to get everything done and I wanted to ensure that I would not accidentaly end up staying up until 3 and completely exhaust myself. Luckily I was able to keep this goal because none of the authors that I follow have their books come out for the holidays but I am glad that it is over. I just finished A Girl of the Limberlost and I absolutely loved it. It's an old book, the author died in 1924 but I have never heard of this book before and I don't want any of you to miss out, especially if you liked Anne of Green Gables. It's in the kids section but it has excellent character development and it leaves you wanting to be a better person and try to make others lives better. Cathy, I don't know if it is to old for Summer, but I think that she would like it. alex needs my but I will write again when I can and include the story of alex's first sea shell find.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"OH HOW I LOVE MY TIK FAAAAAAAAACE!"

...if only i could serenade you in person...*sigh*

hehehe!

love love!

Keary said...

I have never read either of these and don't think I would like them even were I to have them sent me by mistake. Oh well, what can I say?