Man, today I had ONE hard day.
Daddy had to work TWO-day,
But I thought that alex would sleep for some of the THREE hours of church.
(Because we didn't sleep very much last night.)
But even though he can use oraljel FOUR times a day
and infants' pain reliever FIVE times,
for the SIX teeth that he has coming in, I forgot to bring either one.
So while the SEVEN 5 yr olds in my class were "not" poking each other,
I was dealing with alex's EIGHT (or more) very big tears.
And on the way home, listening to the NINE reasons my husband is going to hell,
I was able to think of at least TEN reasons why I'm grateful for my life.
You've have all probably had bad days like this at church, but I like to complain- it makes me feel better and truth be told today was actually pretty good. Even though he didn't sleep last night, because of his teeth I think, he actually sat through most of sacrament meeting. I had to take him out after he had a huge crap in his pants to change him. After I changed all of his clothes because they were covered in poop he didn't want to go back in, but that was only for the last 10 minuets of the meeting. In my class he sat in his chair for almost a whole five minuets and then played with his car in the back and then he went to nursery for a little while even though he isn't old enough. During sharing time he wanted me to hold him and he cried for almost the entire time but he was pretty quite as long as the kids didn't try to touch him. Searching the building after church today for Sister Lou Lu (that is her real name) so we could go home was the last straw; alex kept going to the door so we could leave but I had to find Sister Lou so I picked him up and he pushed away from me as hard as he could arching his back and screaming. Normally this type of behavior is NOT tolerated, but I think that sometimes it's justified and today I couldn't get mad at him for it. His acrobatic move made me drop my bag so that I could catch him and everything fell out and blocked the entire hall. What else could I do? I started to laugh, put alex down so he could go to the door and started to put everything back in my bag. A nice man bent down to help me and I thanked him and asked him if he had seen Sister Lou. Then he said, "I'm sure everybody would understand if you didn't come to church, is it really worth it?" Even though I had that same though go through my head about a hundred times the minuet before I said back without hesitating, "Yes it is, I really love to come and I think that it will be important to him." I meant every word; then alex came over deciding that I had left him by the door long enough and gave me a hug....more of a pick me up so I can go to sleep on your shoulder but the same basic concept. I picked him up and smiled at the man and he shook my hand and smiled back. Today I was really touched by how important going to church is for me. Even though it's really hard to get through-especially when Alex is gone- I would never even consider not going. I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to take the sacrament and be with people who share my beliefs ever week. I know the Atonement is the MOST important part of the Gospel and if I will study it more I will learn more than I can now imagine, I know I will be able to be with my family FOREVER there is no end to it, what a wonderful blessing. I also know that If I stop going to church I will lose these things that are so important to me.
I wonder if that man knew what his question would make me realize? I'm so grateful I had such a bad day.
3 comments:
As a mom, I'm glad that you realize how important going to church is, even though there will be many times that you'll wonder what you learned, and why did you come, when all that you did was take care of your child. But they learn to feel the Spirit, and to hear the hymns, and to know that it is important to you. Those are things that you want them to know, because you want them to have as their goal, the celestial kingdom, just as you desire that for you and your spouse.
I'm proud of you, and I love you.
MOM
Good job, Kiki! I am glad that you went to church. I know how you feel! Today was rough for me too, but at least i have more people to help! I love you, and I miss you, and I will call you soon.
Love,
Kelsey
A lady that I admire very much once said "I went to church for 20 years for my children." I often feel this way and I look forward to the day when I get to go to church for myself again. For now I just try to get what I can out of and let my children know that I love being there!
Post a Comment