Thursday, January 10, 2008

Books, Books and More Books

To say that alex loves books would be an understatement. He really loves books (that's not much better), at bed time we have to make him put them up and get into the bed; if we would let him I'm sure that he would have us read them all night long. Sometimes we let him take a book to bed (even if we don't let him at some point in the night he usually get out and brings them in anyways). Tonight he got my book light and was searching his whole room for a "book". I kept asking him which book he was looking for and he just kept saying, "book", usually when pressed he's more descriptive than that so I had no idea what he was talking about. After he had looked through all the books in his room several times he still wasn't satisfied I had to think of something else. He was obviously looking for a specific book but he didn't know anything about it. Then I remembered that last night Alex said he was in alex's room while alex was falling asleep and he was reading one of the Church History books; alex was leaning over the side of the bed not saying anything just watching his dad intently. Finally Alex had to put the book away so that alex would fall asleep. I asked alex if he wanted daddy's book and he said yes still looking rather skeptical as I walked out of the room. When I came back in there was no doubt that this was what he had wanted, he had me put the light on and he laid down in his bed to "read" (why he likes to read these books I have no idea but he does-a lot of times he will get one for each of us to read). After about 10 minuets I went to get the camera .



Once he realized that I was taking pictures he put the book away so that he could say cheese better and then shortly thereafter he went to sleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a sweet, smart boy!

Keary said...

This kid is going to be a prophet of our Heavenly Father if he has that much desire to ewad the words of the Lord!!!
It is a great idea to have a Birthdays calendar but I got the following message: "Events from one or more calendars could not be shown here because you do not have the permission to view them". How can I share?

homealonemom said...

How nice to have a church historian in the family. What a sweet boy!

MOM

Diana said...

What a sweetie!! You guys are awesome!!

Unknown said...

His desire for reading may be genetic. This reminded me of an experience. Trisha loved to be read to when she was small, and we had to make a rule that she could only pick two books to be read to before she had to go to bed. My Grandmother came to visit and she wanted to read Trisha to sleep. Everyone knows how Grandmas are, and she was Trisha's Grandma too. So she starts reading and reading and reading, finally she had to give up and tell Trisha to go to bed. We all thought it was hilarious. I'm pretty sure at some point Trisha would have gotten tired and wanted people to stop reading to her (I mean she doesn't ask anyone to read to her now that she's 30), but we were never able to find that point.

Kristy said...

how fun! My kids love books also.