Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not your Average Volkswagen

And theres aren't your everyday clowns. Among Alex's many chess boards there is one that features Shrek pieces (for those of you who didn't know my husband is a nerd). Alex wants alex to like chess as much as he does so we get the chess boards out to play with every once in a while; sometimes the game gets a little involved, like the time portrayed in the pictures. Somehow a friendly game of chess evolved into shoving all 32 chess pieces, two firemen, three elephants and a couple of lions into the cab of the fire truck. Getting them out was a different story, those little windows are smaller than they look.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh TIK!! i have been sitting here in my chair DREADING for class to start, so i checked your blog...and it made me SO HAPPY i started laughing in class :o) yes! thats right, laughing in class. And it makes it all the more better becasue all the rest of the people here early are looking at me and kinda leaning over to look at my computer. :o) MAN YOU HAVE COOL KIDS!!!

(that means I'm cool through aunt association)

*MUAH!*

homealonemom said...

Think how appropriate for the firemen clowns to come piling out of alex's "volkswagon".

I laughed sooo hard when I saw those photos. Did all the pieces survive?

Love

MOM

Anonymous said...

what could be better than firetrucks and chess??

Keary said...

I am afraid I don't understand. I guess it is cause I don't see very well.
Love Dad