Thursday, January 10, 2008
One of Those Women
This Sunday it hit me that I'm now one of those women. When I was growing up and every Sunday (the Sundays she didn't have meetings) we had to wait for my mother to come out to the car before we could go home; after we had all went in to get her and been promised that she would "be right out", we would swear to each other that we would never do that to our kids. On Sunday I was talking to a lady after church and alex came in and started pulling on my skirt. I told him to wait just a second so he took the chalk that I was holding and put it away in the cabinet and then came back to pull on my skirt again. He had me pick him up and started saying, "food, food, food"; I looked out the door and saw my drained husband leaning on the wall rocking the sleeping baby in the car seat and realized that I was now officially one of those women. How did this happen? All those years of planning and it did no good. So sorry family, I'll try to do better next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Don't worry about it. I am too. I realized it last week when I got in the way of the deacons cleaning up the chairs. I think its because we are at home most of the time. You know, some female bonding or something. I bet if it really bothers you, you can stop.
I think it's because we are polite, and talk to the people who want to talk to us.
The other choice, is to duck out a side door, quickly.
Then, I have to go back in to get daddy!
MOM
Personally I think it is training. Your mother did it so you were trained to do it. You do it so Rocio will probably do it,
I didn't do it as far as I can remember (except for special occasions) but Diana did, so Alex should be used to it by now.
Love Dad
vallen is one of those women too! welcome to the club! it's a great one!
I used to be one of those women too! A time and a season!
I was just commenting to Kristy that I am not that type of girl. I am usually running out of church!
I only linger after church to collect all of my RS binders then I get the heck out of there before somebody tracks me down and asks me to do something.
Post a Comment