Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"Eeew, Poop Poop Balloons"

My phone went down today and I don't know when it is going to be back up. It's weird how when that happens it's like instant isolation and a wave of depression just kind of washes over you. Last night I was waiting for it to get late enough to call my sister-in-law Calixta and then we had some bedtime issues... so I didn't call Calixta, to get Juliann's phone number, to call Juliann, to wish her a happy birthday, so if you read this Juliann Happy Birthday! I'm trying to call you...sorry, but now I can't call anyone probably as punishment for not calling you on time.

So today was pretty good. Chio is getting A LOT easier to take care of if we stay in the house and I think that it's going to stick because she's been that way since mid December and that included a bout of sickness.

When I was changing Chio this morning she sneezed while her legs were up in the air, diaper off and I was standing above her (disregard the irony of me writing this on this blog, you knew it was bound to happen with two kids) I had poop speckled across the white shirt I was wearing, on the wall, and where ever else it landed. This has never happened to me before. alex saw it and after staring for a couple of second said, "eeew, poop poop balloons" (but in his words which sound different and I can't spell and still convey the meaning). I was pretty grossed out and actually considered just throwing the shirt out, but then decided that I would end up having to go out and buy a new one that much sooner and I should just try to wash it.

It may seem like I'm rambling, I'm kind of tired but I would like to stay up to see what happens in New Hampshire and so I thought I would write a quick post.

Here are some pictures that I took today. I was trying to get a cute one of Chio in her outfit which I love but alex kept standing in front of me so I would take his picture instead to the extent that at one point that he was actually sitting on top of her in her chair (I think that was the point where her shoe fell off). I only ended up getting these two photos: one of alex looking great and one of Chio looking completely rattled. Enjoy.





6 comments:

Keary said...

I think that sort of thing happens to many people... poop and pee I mean.
Maybe you should put alex in time out long enough to get a picture of Rocio.
Love Dad

homealonemom said...

That is one of the funniest blogs that I've heard in a long time.(or read)

I thought it funny that your phone is out on the day your sister wants to tell you she's engaged.

Timing is everything!

I love you

MOM

Kristy said...

I love the story and I love Chio's outfit..rattled and all.

Anonymous said...

ahh, the many joys of motherhood...poop poop balloons!

chio looks cute. i love dressing up my daughter! It is so much fun...the best part is that she lets me...still!

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I am so sorry about the poop. I am potty training Michael right now, and he came done with a little bug. I am sure that you know what that means. He's doing pretty good so far. Chio looks super cute. I think that most of Shirley's good pictures are when my other kids are asleep.

Diana said...

A poop and pee Story...bet Alex enjoyed that! Love the pictures. So what do you think about the results in New Hamphire?