Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

When we found out last night Alex and I stayed up to read articles about President Hinckley's life. It made me think about how my mother would always talk about president Kimball and how I didn't really know who he was. President Hinckley is the only prophet that I can remember and my children aren't going to remember who he was; I have loved him so much that kind of makes me sad. However, I'm greatful to be part of a church where we know where the mantel of leadership falls. What an amazing life he had, we've been so blessed to have such a prophet.

1 comment:

Keary said...

I remember David O. McKay, Joseph Fielding Smith, Harold B. Lee, Spencer W. Kimball, Ezra Taft Benson, Howard W. Hunter, and Gordon B. Hinkley as presidents of the church. I am not sure if David O. McKay, Spencer W. Kimball or Gordon B. Hinkley served as president the longest but I know that each of the named prophets were very great personages.
Love Dad